As chief fire investigator for the National Fire Protection Association, I investigated incidents in the United States and around the globe that contributed to the development of better NFPA codes and standards. These included significant events such as
- The English Channel Tunnel Fire
- The Goethenburg disco fire
- The Oklahoma City Bombing
- Domestic board and care fires
- Fire fighter fatalities
- High rise, industrial facilities, natural disasters, residence hall fires and much more
Each of these in-depth reports were written in collaboration with staff engineers and provided the technical committees, the fire protection engineering community and the fire service with invaluable information to improve codes, standards and operations.